The welfare of student is an important facet of JUIT culture. It is reflected in almost all academic and administrative domains. Some of the activities are summarized:-
Every Registered student has a faculty mentor who oversees the Academic performance of the student. Any weaknesses to include less CGPA, less attendance etc are areas of mentoring carried out, recorded in student file as well as parents intimated if need arises.
WILLIAM WEBSTER MERIT-CUM-MEANS SCHOLARSHIP
Jaiprakash Sewa Sansthan has setup an initial corpus for the William Webster Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship to be provided to eligible students from income earned by way of interest from the corpus. The scholarship is being provided to students admitted to Jaypee Education System across the four campuses from the Academic Year 2004 onwards through a transparent mechanism of scholarship committee setup up for the purpose.
Meritorious students whose parents’ annual income from all sources is below 8.0 lacs are eligible for the scheme. Selection on the basis of merit with following weightage:-
10th Marks - 15% weightage
12th Marks – 35% weightage
BTech 1st Semester CGPA - 50% weightage
Selected students for this scholarship get a tuition fee waiver for the academic year, equivalent to the Tuition Fee of one semester, applicable for the batch of entry of awardees. All scholarship amounts will be adjusted against the tuition fees of the year in which approved.
Students looking for availing benefit of the scholarship may submit the application alongwith the requisite documents to the office upon call of applications for the award of fellowship.
SRI BADRIKA ASHRAM (SBA) EMERGING YOUTH SCHOLARSHIP & MENTORSHIP SCHEME
Sri Badrika Ashram (SBA) was founded by the venerable saint Om Swami in 2011. It is a nonprofit organization that works towards serving the community at large and the villages that surround it. It has instituted a SBA Emerging Youth Scholarship & Mentorship Scheme is targeted mainly for meritorious students belonging to BPL families.
- SBA provides scholarships for students pursuing undergraduate courses coupled with mentoring by exceptional mentors from varied background.
- Meritorious students meeting the eligibility selection criteria are being awarded with fellowship amount of Rs. 50000/- per annum for pursuing undergraduate program.
- Students looking for availing benefit of the scholarship may submit the application alongwith the requisite documents to the office upon call of applications for the award of fellowship.
- The JUIT does not charge any additional charges/fees from dayscholars/hostellers other than the stated Tuition Fees/Hostel charges.
- Following facilities are provided without any additional payment to students:-
- Bus Service from JUIT to Waknaghat and vice versa as per bus timings on working days.
- For hostellers bus service is provided during Saturdays/Sundays and holidays to Waknaghat and back.
- Girl hostel students who are to board Volvo/other night service bus from Waknaghat after 8 p.m. are taken in University vehicle duly escorted by a security guard upto Waknaghat.
- Food in Student Mess is inclusive in hostel charges. Food is not served but a student serves him/herself without any restriction to the quantity.
- Hostel rooms housekeeping.
- Hot water in hostels round the year.
- Sports facilities including sports equipments.
- Laundry services twice a week for hostel students.
- Mattress in hostel room.
- Curtains in Girls hostel room
- Services of professional National Level Sports coaches in Volleyball and Basketball.
- Medical facilities 24x7 with a Lady Doctor/Male Doctor / Male & Female nurses with dispensary and Ambulance on Campus.
- Gym facility in each independent hostel.
- Services of a Professional Psychological Counsellor thrice a week on campus and services of professional Online 24x7 counselling firm YOUR DOST.
- Following facilities are provided at No Profit basis
- Items of daily use by students i.e. stationery etc.
- Snacks etc in Cafeteria and Tuck Shop.
- JUIT campus has been awarded as an Eat Right Campus by Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
- JUIT campus has been awarded A+ Grade in pursuit of excellence towards practicing sustainable education by Green Rakings 2023, Sustainable Institutions of India