The welfare of student is an important facet of JUIT culture. It is reflected in almost all academic and administrative domains. Some of the activities are summarized:-
Every Registered student has a faculty mentor who oversees the Academic performance of the student. Any weaknesses to include less CGPA, less attendance etc are areas of mentoring carried out, recorded in student file as well as parents intimated if need arises.
- The JUIT does not charge any additional charges/fees from dayscholars/hostellers other than the stated Tuition Fees/Hostel charges.
- Following facilities are provided without any additional payment to students:-
- Bus Service from JUIT to Waknaghat and vice versa as per bus timings on working days.
- For hostellers bus service is provided during Saturdays/Sundays and holidays 15 times a day.
- Girl hostel students who are to board Volvo/other night service bus from Waknaghat after 8 p.m. are taken in University vehicle duly escorted by a security guard upto Waknaghat.
- Food in Student Mess is inclusive in hostel charges. Food is not served but a student serves him/herself without any restriction to the quantity.
- Hostel rooms housekeeping.
- Hot water in hostels round the year.
- Sports facilities including sports equipments.
- Laundry services twice a week for hostel students.
- Mattress in hostel room.
- Curtains in Girls hostel room
- Services of professional National Level Sports coaches in Volleyball and Basketball.
- Medical facilities 24x7 with a Lady Doctor/Male Doctor / Male & Female nurses with dispensary and Ambulance on Campus.
- Gym facility in each independent hostel.
- Services of a Professional Psychological Counsellor thrice a week on campus and services of professional Online 24x7 counselling firm YOUR DOST.
- Following facilities are provided at No Profit basis
- Items of daily use by students i.e. stationery etc.
- Snacks etc in Cafeteria and Tuck Shop.