Jaypee University of Information Technology Waknaghat has been designated as the Nodal Center for Virtual Labs.
Some of the salient points about virtual labs are listed below:
Objectives of the Virtual Labs
- To provide remote-access to Labs in various disciplines of Science and Engineering. These Virtual Labs would cater to students at the undergraduate level, post graduate level as well as to research scholars.
- To enthuse students to conduct experiments by arousing their curiosity. This would help them in learning basic and advanced concepts through remote experimentation.
- To provide a complete Learning Management System around the Virtual Labs where the students can avail the various tools for learning, including additional web-resources, video-lectures, animated demonstrations and self evaluation.
- To share costly equipment and resources, which are otherwise available to limited number of users due to constraints on time and geographical distances.
- Virtual Labs will provide to the students the result of an experiment by one of the following methods (or possibly a combination)
- Modeling the physical phenomenon by a set of equations and carrying out simulations to yield the result of the particular experiment. This can, at-the-best, provide an approximate version of the ‘real-world’ experiment.
- Providing measured data for virtual lab experiments corresponding to the data previously obtained by measurements on an actual system.
- Remotely triggering an experiment in an actual lab and providing the student the result of the experiment through the computer interface. This would entail carrying out the actual lab experiment remotely.
Broad Areas of Virtual Labs
|Electronics & Communications
|Computer Science & Engineering
||Biotechnology and Biomedical Engineering
More details can be explored at the link below:-
vLab workshops conducted/ongoing at JUIT:
- Workshop on Virtual Labs by IIT Delhi: 20-21 September, 2019
- Preliminary sessions of virtual lab: 13th August, 2018 to 15th August, 2018
- Virtual Lab by IIT Delhi: 11th October, 2018 to 13th October, 2018
- 17th November, 2017 by IIT Delhi a (Photogallery)
- Workshop on College Cloud Ed. for VLabs by IIITH: 9-12 May, 2017 (Photogallery)
- 28th-29th April, 2017 by IIT Roorkee (Photogallery)
- State Level Workshop: 28th February, 2017 by IIT Delhi (Photogallery)
- 24th-25th September, 2016 by IIT Delhi (Photogallery)
- 15th-16th October, 2016 by IIT Roorkee (Photogallery)
|Dr. Hemraj Saini
Department of Computer Science & Engineering
Contact: +91 1792239242
||Dr. Rajiv Kumar
Department Electronics & Communication Engineering
Contact: +91 1792239259