State Level Workshop on Virtual Labs : 28th Feb, 2017
Physical distances and the availability of resources often limit doing experiments especially when they involve sophisticated instruments. Virtual Labs have been designed to provide remote access to Labs in various disciplines of science and engineering. These Labs cater to students at the undergraduate level, post graduate level and to research scholars as well. Virtual Labs also provide a complete learning management system where the students can avail various tools for learning, including web-resources, video-lectures, animated demonstration and self evaluation. Virtual Labs enables the user to perform experiments remotely as an on-demand service over the web. The virtual Labs are being jointly developed by IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, IIT Madras, IIT Guwahati, IIT Roorkee, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIIT Hyderabad, Amrita university Coimbatore, College of Engineering Pune, Dayalbagh University Agra and NITK Surathkal. IIT Delhi is coordinating this project.
Objective of the workshop
- To understand the concept of Virtual Labs developed by all IITs and other participating institutes for remote experimentation.
- To gain hands-on experience on Virtual Labs related to ECE, CSE, ME and Applied Sciences.
- No registration fee will be charged.
- Pre-registration is mandatory for this workshop.
- Each institute can nominate one concerned faculty member for each lab for this work shop.
- Registration can be done either by using the enclosed form or by email or by telephone.
- No lodging/boarding TA/DA will be provided.
- Certificate of participation will be given to the participants.
Benefits for the college using Virtual Labs
- Access to all Virtual Labs for remote experimentations.
- Training to staff and students for using Virtual Labs.
- Regular updates and feedback on virtual labs development and events.
- Providing technical knowledge regarding how to develop your own Virtual Labs experimentation.
- Providing hosting facility to such developed experiment for its world-wide usage.
- Visits by Virtual Labs experts when requested.