Dr. Jata Shankar Associate Professor (91)01792-239225 firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com For More Information Click here
M. Sc. (Through JNU, Delhi, Combined Test) from Calicut University, Calicut, Kerala (1999-2001).
Ph. D. from Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology-IGIB, (CSIR) and Jamia Millia Islamia-Central University, New Delhi (2001-2006).
Post-doctoral Research Scholar (2007-2012) at Division of Infectious Diseases and Geographic Medicine School of Medicine Stanford University and California Institute for Medical Research, California, USA.
Assistant Professor (Regular appointment), Department of Biotechnology GGV-Central University, Bilaspur (C.G.) India (2012- 2013).
Associate Professor, Department of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, Jaypee University of Information Technology, Solan, Himanchal Pradesh (Present).
Currently working on Aspergillus-host interaction using genomic approaches, role hormone on fungal pathogenesis and secondary metabolite products.
Field(s) of Specialization:
Molecular Biology of Fungi,
Functional Genomics of Microbes (Infectious agents),
Structural and functional analysis of proteins,
Impact of mycotoxin on health
Major Project Research Area:
1. Occurrence and screening of fungal pathogens associated with main crops of Himachal Pradesh
2. In Silico study pf phytochemicals to study the interaction of covid 19 protein with drugs, vitamins, etc
3. Impact of SNPs on Cancer cells
4. Role of gut mycobiome at the interface of human health
5. Impact of mycotoxin on health