IEEE the world’s largest technical professional society is designed to serve professionals involved in the fields of electrical ,electronics, computer engineering and science and other related areas of science and technology viz. biomedical technology, information technology, technical communications, micro and nano technology, aerospace systems etc.
The IEEE is incorporated in New York, United States, and was officially formed in the 1963. Though IEEE’s roots go back to 1884 when electricity was to become a major force in society. In 1884, a small group of professionals formed an organization named AIEE –American Institute of Electrical Engineers, in New York. Its first technical meeting was attended by eminent scientists like Thomas Edison and Alexander Graham Bell. Then a new association known as IRE came which was modelled on AIEE. On 1stJanuary 1963, AIEE and IRE merged to form IEEE, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
IEEE aims at fostering technological innovation and excellence for the betterment of humanity. It is universally recognized for its technological contributions in improving global conditions. IEEE’s constitution defines the purpose of organization as “scientific and educational, directed towards the advancement of the theory and practice of electrical, electronics, communications, computer engineering and science and the allied branches of engineering and related arts and sciences”.
YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE WHEN YOU JOIN IEEE !!!
- IEEE avails the members the essential technical information, networking opportunities and career development skills
- IEEE membership enables introduce technology careers to students worldwide
- Outstanding contributions in technology, society, and engineering profession are awarded IEEE annual awards
- A third of world’s technical literature in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Electronics is published by IEEE and provided to its members.
- It includes about 130 journals, transactions and magazines and over 400 conference proceedings published annually.
- More than 365,000 members in over 150 countries formulate this organization. Eminent engineers, scientists and technical professionals are IEEE members