Dr. Sharma received his M.Sc. degree in Physics from Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla in 2001. He received M. Phil. degree in Physics from Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla in 2004. He has received his Ph.D. degree in Physics from JUIT, Waknaghat in 2008.
He joined Jaypee University of Information Technology, Waknaghat in August 2007. Presently, he is serving as Associate Professor in the Department of Physics & Materials Science, Jaypee University of Information Technology, Waknaghat.
He is an experimentalist by inclination and his research interests include the development of materials in 0-D, 1-D, 2-D & 3-D for various optoelectronic, thermoelectric and biomedical applications. Few materials of recent interest include chalcogenides, ferrites, polymers, and dilute magnetic semiconductors. He has published more than 100 research papers in international peer reviewed journals. He has actively participated in more than 20 International/National conferences to present his work.
He has been awarded the senior membership of IEEE just after two years of joining. He is also enjoying Joint Secretary Portfolio of Materials Research Society of India, Himachal Pradesh Chapter. He is a member of editorial board in Universal Journal of Physics and Application (Horizon Research Publishing, USA) and International Journal of New Horizons in Physics (Natural Publishing).
Author Publication Profile:
- Pankaj Sharma, A. Dahshan, V.K. Sehgal, K.A. Aly (2018). High thermoelectric action in vacuum deposited indium alloyed chalcogenide thin films: InxSe100-x. IEEE Transactions on Electron devices, 65 (8), 3408-3413. Google Citation
- Neha Sharma, Balbir Singh Patial, Pankaj Sharma, Nagesh Thakur (2018). On the optical study of Pb additive Se-Te-Ge nano-crystalline quaternary alloys. Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, 20 (7-8), 435-440. Google Citation
- Rajan Sharma, Ekta Sharma, Pradeep K. Singh, Pankaj Sharma (2018). Study of some network parameters for chalcogenide glasses at an average coordination number 2.4. AIP Conference Proceedings, 2050 (1), 020019-
- Ekta Sharma, Rajan Sharma, Vineet Sharma, Pankaj Sharma (2018). Cohesive energy calculation of quaternary Ge-Te-Se-Ga chalcogenide glasses using chemical bond approach. AIP Conference Proceedings, 2050 (1), 020008-
- Subhash Chand, Dhruv Sharma, Vineet Sharma, Pankaj Sharma (2018). Morphological and Optical Study of Ag2Se Quantum Dots. AIP Conference Proceedings, 2009 (1), 020026 (1)-020026 (4)
- Subhash Chand, Pankaj Sharma (2018). Synthesis and Characterization of Ag-Chalcogenide Nanoparticles for Possible Applications in Photovoltaics. Materials Science-Poland , 36 (3), 375-380
- H. E. Atyia, S. S. Fouad, Pankaj Sharma, A. S. Farid, N. A. Hegab (2018). Optical, dielectric and opto-electrical study of Se-Te-Ge glassy thin films. Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, 20 (5-6), 319-325. Google Citation
- S.S. Fouad, I.M.El Radaf, Pankaj Sharma, M.S. El-Bana (2018). Multifunctional CZTS Thin Films: Structural, Optoelectrical, Electrical and Photovoltaic properties. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 757 (15 August 2018), 124-133. Google Citation
- Rohit Sharma, Prashant Thakur, Pankaj Sharma, Vineet Sharma (2018). Mn2+Doped Mg–Zn Ferrite Nanoparticles for Microwave Device Applications. IEEE Electron Device Letters, 39 (6), 901-904. Google Citation
- Rohit Sharma, Prashant Thakur, Manoj Kumar, Pankaj Sharma, Vineet Sharma (2018). Nanomaterials for high frequency device and photocatalytic applications: Mg-Zn-Ni ferrites. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 746 (2018), 532-539
- Palwinder Singh, Ramandeep Kaur, Pankaj Sharma, Vineet Sharma, Anup Thakur (2018). Effect of visible light on the structural and optical properties of ( Ge2Sb2Te5)100−xAgx (x = 0, 1 and 3) thin films. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 29 (2), 1042-1047. Google Citation
- Subhash Chand, Dhruv Sharma, Vineet Sharma, Pankaj Sharma (2018). Morphological and Optical Study of Ag2Se Quantum Dots. Proceedings of the National Conference on Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology [2009 : JIIT Noida : March 15-17, 2018], pp.020026-1-020026-4.. Google Citation