Dr. Sharma received his M.Sc. degree in Physics from Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla in 2001. He received M. Phil. degree in Physics from Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla in 2004. He has received his Ph.D. degree in Physics from JUIT, Waknaghat in 2008.
He joined Jaypee University of Information Technology, Waknaghat in August 2007. Presently, he is serving as Associate Professor in the Department of Physics & Materials Science, Jaypee University of Information Technology, Waknaghat.
He is an experimentalist by inclination and his research interests include the development of materials in 0-D, 1-D, 2-D & 3-D for various optoelectronic, thermoelectric and biomedical applications. Few materials of recent interest include chalcogenides, ferrites, polymers, and dilute magnetic semiconductors. He has published more than 100 research papers in international peer reviewed journals. He has actively participated in more than 20 International/National conferences to present his work.
He has been awarded the senior membership of IEEE just after two years of joining. He is also enjoying Joint Secretary Portfolio of Materials Research Society of India, Himachal Pradesh Chapter. He is a member of editorial board in Universal Journal of Physics and Application (Horizon Research Publishing, USA) and International Journal of New Horizons in Physics (Natural Publishing).
Author Publication Profile:
- A. Dahshan, H. H. Hegazy, K. A. Aly, Pankaj Sharma (2017). Semiconducting Ge-Se-Sb-Ag chalcogenides as prospective materials for thermoelectric applications. Physica B: Condensed Matter, 526 (2017), 117-121. Google Citation
- S Sharda, Pankaj Sharma, Vineet Sharma (2017). A Study of Thermal Stability and Crystallization Kinetics of SbSeGe Glassy Alloys. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 225 (), 012009-1-012009-5
- Rohit Sharma, Prashant Thakur, Manoj Kumar, Partha Bir Barman, Pankaj Sharma, Vineet Sharma (2017). Enhancement in A-B Super-exchange Interaction with Mn 2+ Substitution in Mg-Zn Ferrites as a Heating Source in Hyperthermia Applications. Ceramics International, 43 (16), 13661-13669
- Palwinder Singh, Ramandeep Kaur, Pankaj Sharma, Vineet Sharma, Monu Mishra, Govind Gupta, Anup Thakur (2017). Optical Band Gap Tuning of Ag Doped Ge2Sb2Te5 Thin Films. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 28 (), 11300-11305. Google Citation
- Subhash Chand, Nagesh Thakur, S.C. Katyal, Partha Bir Barman, Vineet Sharma, Pankaj Sharma (2017). Recent Developments on the Synthesis, Structural and Optical Properties of Chalcogenide Quantum Dots. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells , 168 (2017), 183-200. Google Citation
- Palwinder Singh, Pankaj Sharma, Vineet Sharma, Anup Thakur (2017). Linear and Non-Linear Optical Properties of Ag Doped Ge2Sb2Te5 Thin Films Estimated by Single Transmission Spectra. Semiconductor Science and Technology, 32 (4), 045015-. Google Citation
- Prashant Thakur, Rohit Sharma, Vineet Sharma, Pankaj Sharma (2017). Structural, Morphological and Optical Properties of Mn0.5Zn0.5Fe2O4 Nano Ferrites: Effect of Sintering Temperature. Materials Chemistry and Physics , 193 (), 285-289. Google Citation
- Prashant Thakur, Rohit Sharma, Vineet Sharma, Partha Bir Barman, Manoj Kumar, Dipto Barman, S.C. Katyal, Pankaj Sharma (2017). Gd3+ Doped Mn-Zn Soft Ferrite Nanoparticles: Superparamagnetism and its Correlation with other Physical Properties. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 432 (), 208-217. Google Citation
- Nainjeet Singh Negi, Kanchan Bala, Pankaj Sharma, Ravinder Kumar Kotnala (2017). Multiferroic and Magnetoelectric Properties of MnFe2O4/(Pb0.8Sr0.2)TiO3 Composite Films. Philosophical Magazine, 97 (4), 269-283
- Rohit Sharma, Prashant Thakur, Pankaj Sharma, Vineet Sharma (2017). Ferrimagnetic Ni2 t doped Mg-Zn Spinel Ferrite Nanoparticles for High Density Information Storage. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 704 (2017), 7-17
Abstract/ Poster Presentations/ Invited Lectures in Conferences :
- Prashant Thakur, Rohit Sharma, Vineet Sharma, Pankaj Sharma (2017). Effect of Gd Doping on the Optical Band Gap of Mn Zn Nano Ferrites. Proceedings of the Innovations & Challenges In Basic & Applied Sciences (ICBAS-2017) [School Of Basic & Applied Sciences Maharaja Agrasen University Baddi, Distt. Solan, H.P.-174103 : March 04, 2017], pp.-.. Google Citation
- Rohit Sharma, Prashant Thakur, Pankaj Sharma, Vineet Sharma (2017). Morphological Investigation and Calculation of Force Constants for Nickel Doped Magnesium - Zinc Soft Ferrites. Proceedings of the Innovations & Challenges In Basic & Applied Sciences (ICBAS-2017) [School Of Basic & Applied Sciences Maharaja Agrasen University Baddi, Distt. Solan, H.P.-174103 : March 04, 2017], pp.-.. Google Citation