Dr. Sharma received his M.Sc. degree in Physics from Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla in 2001. He received M. Phil. degree in Physics from Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla in 2004. He has received his Ph.D. degree in Physics from JUIT, Waknaghat in 2008.
He joined Jaypee University of Information Technology, Waknaghat in August 2007. Presently, he is serving as Associate Professor in the Department of Physics & Materials Science, Jaypee University of Information Technology, Waknaghat.
He is an experimentalist by inclination and his research interests include the development of materials in 0-D, 1-D, 2-D & 3-D for various optoelectronic, thermoelectric and biomedical applications. Few materials of recent interest include chalcogenides, ferrites, polymers, and dilute magnetic semiconductors. He has published more than 100 research papers in international peer reviewed journals. He has actively participated in more than 20 International/National conferences to present his work.
He has been awarded the senior membership of IEEE just after two years of joining. He is also enjoying Joint Secretary Portfolio of Materials Research Society of India, Himachal Pradesh Chapter. He is a member of editorial board in Universal Journal of Physics and Application (Horizon Research Publishing, USA) and International Journal of New Horizons in Physics (Natural Publishing).
Author Publication Profile:
- Kanchan Bala, Pankaj Sharma, Nainjeet Singh Negi (2016). Investigation on Multiferroic, Optical and Photoluminescence Properties of CoFe2O4/(Pb1-xSrx)TiO3 Nanostructured Composite Thin Films. Solid State Sciences, 61 (), 63-69. Google Citation
- Pankaj Sharma (2016). Glass Forming Ability and Rigidity Percolation in SeTePb Lone Pair Semiconductors. Applied Physics A, 122 (2016), 402-. Google Citation
- Dinesh C. Sati, S. C. Katyal, Pankaj Sharma (2016). Role of Composition and Substrate Temperature on Nonlinear Optical Properties of GeSeTe Thin Films in 0.4um to 2.4um Wavelength Range. IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices , 63 (2), 698-703. Google Citation
- L. K. Abhilashi, Pankaj Sharma, V. S. Rangra, P. Sharma (2016). Effect of Antimony Addition on the Optical Behaviour of SnSeSb Thin Films. Journal of Non-Oxide Glasses , 8 (1), 17-23
- Pankaj Sharma, M.S. El-Banab, S.S. Fouad, Vineet Sharma (2016). Effect of Compositional Dependence on Physical and Optical Parameters of Te17Se83xBix Glassy System. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 667 (), 204-210
- Rajeev Arora, Anupam Srivastav, Utam Kumar Mandal, Pankaj Sharma (2016). TiO2/PANI Nano Composite Loaded in PVA for Anticorrosive Applications. Materials Science-Poland , 34 (4), 721-725. Google Citation
- A. Dahshan, Pankaj Sharma, K.A. Aly (2016). Correction: Semiconducting quaternary chalcogenide glasses as new potential thermoelectric materials: an As-Ge-Se-Sb case. Dalton Transactions, 45 (), 2740-2741. Google Citation
- Prashant Thakur, Rohit Sharma, Manoj Kumar, SC Katyal, NS Negi, Nagesh Thakur, Vineet Sharma, Pankaj Sharma (2016). Superparamagnetic La Doped Mn - Zn Nano Ferrites: dependence on dopant content and crystallite size. Materials Research Express, 3 (7), 075001-1-075001-14. Google Citation
- Rohit Sharma, Prashant Thakur, Manoj Kumar, Nagesh Thakur, N.S. Negi, Pankaj Sharma, Vineet Sharma (2016). Improvement in Magnetic Behaviour of Cobalt Doped Magnesium Zinc Nano-ferrites Via Co-Precipitation Route. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 684 (2016), 569-581
- Pankaj Sharma, Neha Sharma, Sunanda Sharda, S.C. Katyal, Vineet Sharma (2016). Recent Developments on the Optical Properties of Thin Films of Chalcogenide Glasses. Progress in Solid State Chemistry, 44 (4), 131-141. Google Citation